Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Death Valley





Quite a place. I had been there several times already in the late nineties (first with my wife this last weekend). On Sunday we were told at some point at the Furnace Creek store, it was 124 ºF (51.1ºC) in the shadow... Who needs the sun anyway!
I remember another time that I was at the same store, I believe it was in 1998, it was even hotter, around 3 pm we came out of the place and got a taste of how a sudden raise of approximately 50ºF (30º C) in temperature tastes like, as we were coming out of it.
Anyway, honestly, ...incredibly beautiful place. The sense of space, silence, and subtlety of color and shape everywhere around you is hard to believe and surpass. We were saying that 'I hope some day they bottle Death valley silence, because I'm going to buy it'.

-(1) Sand Dunes (Stovepipe Wells)
-(2) Zabriskie Point
-(3,4) Bad Water (notice the tiny figure in the horizontal shot)

2 comments:

Kendra Melton said...

Wow, what a surprisingly beautiful place! Great shots.

Oh by the way, received my copy of Framed Ink yesterday! I'm speechless, it's just fantastic, you put so much hard work into it. Thanks you so much for taking the time to create it, along with SOO many gorgeous examples. It's a must have for every artist!

Marcos Mateu said...

Thanks very much Kendra! I'm really glad you like it, it's all yours now and I hope you keep enjoying it!